Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Welcome to Summer. The garden is in very good shape. In fact I am more satisfied with this year's garden than any in the past. I did say "welcome to summer" and the hottest part of the season is still ahead but my patio gets its maximum direct sunlight now and from now the days will get shorter until, in three months at the autumnal equinox, it will again be in shade most of the day. Right now the temperature is quite cool--not yet 60F--though it should warm up to about 80. I didn't get the spearmint and peppermint cut yesterday so that is on the list for today. I have been looking at the sage and deciding when would be a good time to collect some of it. Maybe tomorrow along with another cutting of the English lavender.

I did get three trays each of the spearmint and peppermint into the dehydrator. I only clipped one of the buckets of spearmint so I put the other one on my to do list for tomorrow along with the chocolate mint. Depending how much I get I may take some of the lavender also. The dehydrator has, theoretically, seven levels but I like to run only the top six. The seventh is the base and it is more difficult to work with so I simply ignore it. Most of what I wanted to do is done which is good. I often say, semi-jokingly, that if we don't get things done early here we don't get them done at all.




No comments: