Friday, March 23, 2012

Good morning, to you all.  Can you believe we only have one more week of March? We hit another record high yesterday--over 80F.  With the rain and clouds we won't see another record but that hardly matters because our temperatures, even for the next week, are still predicted to be between 10 and 20 degrees above normal.  As we discussed what to thaw out for dinner over the weekend we were again reminded of exactly how odd this winter has been.  Our usual fare for the cold months is soups/stews, casseroles, beans, and chili.  We haven't had as many over the last five months.  All I did in the gardens yesterday was water the plants in the fence planters and the greenhouse, and check the larger plants.  I won't need to water anything else because it is raining now had has been for at least part of the overnight hours.  I don't mind that because I won't have to water the plants myself.  Instead, I will putter inside.

I turned off the so-called news one minute into the national news broadcast this morning.  The leads were the autopsy report on Witney Houston, the interview with the young man just found guilty of hate crimes for posting his room-mate's homosexual encounter, and some other story already covered in nauseating detail by the local morning news.  I simply wasn't willing to suffer through the trash to get the few nuggets of real news.

I have always been skeptical of these kinds of 'deals.'  I had seen some of them on TV but I wondered exactly how they worked.  I am glad that the dealers got taken to the legal woodshed but I notice that they don't have to admit guilt.

1 comment:

Kay Dennison said...

You have been sending me great weather!!! Thanks!!!!

Sounds like your garden is going great!!!

I'm simply disgusted with what's happening in this country, too! We haven't learned a damned thing.

As to the so-called deals, they're the same damned things the banksters did to homeowners. It's high time to strengthen and ENFORCE usury laws.