Sunday, April 15, 2012

Good morning on this overcast Sunday with the possibility of thunderstorms today.  I don't think I will get anything done in the gardens today.  The temperatures are warm enough but it is too wet.  The only thing I fear right now is the possibility of hail.  Update: we have rumbling thunder now and the wind has picked up.  Kuma is not happy.  He was happily surveying his patio kingdom from the trash tote before I brought him in and shut the door.

I will make only one more comment on the faux 'mommy wars' and then I intend to ignore the entire thing.  Huffington Post had this piece that I think sums up the entire issue and highlights the Repthuglican hypocrisy.  To paraphrase the pigs in Animal Farm--all mothers are equal; but some are more equal than others.  Somehow the hard work of raising children is not as dignified if done by poor or working class mothers.  Those mothers need the 'dignity' of paid work outside the home.  Just as poor kids, according to Newt Gingrich, need the 'dignity' of working for a pittance cleaning their schools to 'develop good work habits' which rich kids somehow acquire by osmosis.

Chris In Paris at Americablog put up this post this morning.  Unfortunately, it doesn't say much about the work values the Murdoch's developed.  They just can't seem to get the hang of following the law much less any real code of ethics.  And isn't globalism wonderful--these giant corporations can demonstrate their inability to behave legally/ethically around the world.


1 comment:

Kay Dennison said...

You nailed it on all counts.

I'm soooo tired of Election 2012 that I'm seriously considering going to bed and pulling the covers over my head until it's over.

You and I and those like us are going to lose no matter what happens. The question is which politicians are going to hurt us the least.