Friday, April 6, 2012

Good morning to you all.  We have frost on the roofs of the houses and on the cars.  But all my outside plants appear to have come through the cold night.  Most of the temps across the region stayed above, often just above, freezing.  Our own thermometer registered about 33F.  I will check more closely after it gets a bit warmer.  I am glad I restrained my gardening enthusiasm during our string of 70s and 80s.  The temperatures are more normal now.

I am sure everyone remembers poor Anne Romney's comment that she didn't 'feel rich.'  Well, this article provides a contrast that shows exactly how out of touch the Repthuglican leadership is.

At last!! A little bit of sanity in the food wars.  I don't necessarily like McDonalds (or any other fast food chain) and haven't eaten at one for over five years.  But I also absolutely despise the 'food police.'  They are quite free to patronize or not--their choice.  They don't have the right to make that choice for others.


1 comment:

Kay Dennison said...

Ann Romney's view of life is somewhat skewed as she was raised in Bloomfield Hills -- a very, very posh suburb of Detroit where proper young ladies still make their debut into society. That said, the Romneys are hardly jet setters but still haven't a clue as to hard it u ordinary folks.

Wow!!!! What a concept!!!! Parents can make their own choices! I recall the hectic high school days of the Dynamic Duo when the schedule was on overload. One day when I picked them up from swimming practice, Kate asked, "What do we have to do tonight?" I answered, "Well, first we're going to sit down and eat dinner like a real family . . ." She and her brother cheered. Dinner by Happy Meal only happened on rare occasions.

We tended toward family restaurants with real silver when we went out for dinner.