Saturday, May 12, 2012

Good morning, everyone.  We may get rain today.  The skies are overcast but the temperature is just above 60F.  Otherwise I don't have much to do outside.  Once the plants are in the containers they just need some intermittent tending (trimming and weeding) until harvest.  I still have a few spaces beyond the ones I have reserved for the remaining peppers and the savory (when/if I find it).  Sounds like a good day to loaf.

Grist posted this picture and article about an absolutely beautiful variety of corn.

The Agonist asks 'when is a deal not a deal?'  When it was the agreement both parties signed on in the Budget Control Act.  I remarked that the Repthuglicans would fight like hell to get the agreed on cuts to the defense budget cancelled and, though I didn't say it at the time, it was also likely that the Damnocrats would do the same on the social spending side.  Both have proven my cynicism for me.

No comments: