Monday, July 30, 2012

Good day on this last day of July.  Right now we have clouds but they appear to be moving out.  It doesn't look like they will drop any rain.  I watered well yesterday so I don't think I will have to do it today.  I got three trays of oregano and four of basil dried.  We tried the first new pepper that the tag described as 'spicy.'  We challenge that--it is hot!  We will give those to our maintenance man who loves hot peppers--the hotter the better, he says.  The little bullnose is a keeper--sweet and crunchy.  If the clouds clear out I will harvest some of the mints for drying.

I noticed a story on our TV morning news about a massive power outage in India.  The only surprise was that it was covered at all but then some 300+million people without electricity is somewhat spectacular.  If anyone has any access to news outside the U.S. they will have seen stories over the last few years about spotty electrical services in India, parts of China, Pakistan, Iraq and other such countries.  Here is a sample from Pakistan.  I notice they didn't mention the heat wave and spotty monsoon that has hit the same area of India over the last couple of months.  I really do wish we had real news over here--instead of shills for whatever hot show the network is promoting.

No comments: