Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Wednesday at the Fair. Garden update.

Good morning to you all.  I don't know how much of my usual program I will get through because we are headed for the county fair for the day.  The gardening is on hold today.  I might have to water a bit this afternoon when we get home but that will be all.  I have decided to take out the yard long beans.  They have not produced anywhere near what they should have.  Usually they are very prolific but not this year.  When the hibiscus finishes blooming I will move it into that area permanently.  I do have it in a large pot but it isn't nearly big enough for the plant.  We had strong winds yesterday afternoon and evening.  Thankfully, the plants are a bit windblown but no damage.  I noticed some of the cherry tomatoes are turning color so they will soon be ripe.  The temperature overnight fell into the mid 50s.  I hope that isn't a harbinger of an early fall or winter.

This First Thoughts piece is so right on so many points.  We have a bunch of insiders trying to present themselves as outsiders wanting to fight the system they created.

We spent three or four hours wandering the fair. We beat the crowds that really started building as we left.  I read several blogs by homesteaders who have goats, chickens and other livestock.  I enjoyed seeing some of the animals they have been talking about.  It was a nice way to spend a morning.  The Senior Circle group was there as part of a senior health day and everyone was giving out various pens, notepads and even several new reusable chopping bags.  Free stuff is always nice especially the kind of free stuff you use frequently.

No comments: