Thursday, November 14, 2013

Good Thursday. Improving economy??? The new welfare queens.

Hello, to all.  As I have said too often before "Oh, my--how the time flies by."  We are already halfway through November.  Let's see what I find on the 'net.

Here is one reason why I think anyone who believes the economy is "improving" is smoking something--or cherry picking the data.  The most telling part of the statistics is the 1 in 5 25-34 year-olds are "disconnected" from both the job market and school.  Add that to the stats I saw a couple of months ago which indicate that an even higher proportion of the 16-24 year-olds are in the same situation.

I saw the story on the morning news that Wal-Mart had reported lower than expect sales during the third quarter.  Then I found this on Huffington Post.  So the biggest corporate welfare queen is blaming cuts in food stamps for its dismal showing.  I wonder how many of their employees got a "pay" cut with the benefit cut?  Why would I even think such a thing?  Take a look here.  As I learned a long time ago, ethical is not a synonym for legal.

No comments: