Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Br-r-r-r!! And colder temps expected tomorrow!

The weather people say our temperature is now about -3F with a wind chill ten degrees lower.  Another day to stay in and stay warm.  At least I can be thankful that I don't have to deal with the record low temperature.

I wonder how soon the commercial dairy industry will come out with studies to counter this one.  But the results don't really surprise me.  I have been reading about the increased incidence of particularly nasty strains of e. coli in feed lot beef.  Cows aren't really designed to digest corn effectively.  They are supposed to eat grass.

I am in mourning.  I just got an e-mail from the owner of my favorite little quilt shop and she announced the is closing for good at the end of January.  She suffered a fire a few months ago but had wanted to reopen in another location.  She found the task simply too daunting.


No comments: