Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Beautiful Spring day--finally. I am getting quite a lot of work in the gardens done. One of the very large pots that developed cracks is empty and in the trash. The soil was mixed with potting mix and some of the top layers of areas where I dumped the coffee grounds and spent tea leaves over the winter. I put the tower pots back together and filled them. One I had to have Mom's help with because it simply didn't want to to together nicely. The other went together like a charm. It is older and, honestly, more substantial and sturdy. We noticed that so many of the newer containers and pots simply aren't as rugged and don't last as long. I put drain holes in all of the large cottage cheese containers and filled nine of them. I also emptied and refilled the long planter I keep close to the fence on the table/work bench. I'm putting strawberries in it this year. I am getting a considerable amount of work done but I have to remind myself, sternly, I'm not 25 any more. That passed more years (decades, actually) ago than I like to remember.

I am getting some reading done in my rest periods between bouts of gardening. Including this interesting take on #45. Hmmm--"accidental authoritarian." That works only because he is 71 and president. If he were 5 he would be a "spoiled brat."

I saw this first on Susie Madrak's Crook's & Liars post and followed her link to Axios. Then I just found this on CBS. Frankly, I will be glad to see the last of the sanctimonious/hypocritical bastard.

I like this notion.  I am glad the school has the land to do an urban farm program and the farm stand gives them experience running a business. Seems to have helped with community relations also.

No comments: