Thursday, April 12, 2018

I hope the rain that moved in overnight moves out soon. If things aren't too badly soaked I can get more work outside done. Today and tomorrow are supposed to be windy but fairly warm. The weekend is supposed to be a return to near winter temperatures. I saw a good quip on facebook this morning: Mother Nature apologizes for Spring being late; Father Time was driving and refused to stop for directions.

I saw a pathetic headline first off: Dow poised to edge higher as traders "wait to see what Trump tweets today." That was on MarketWatch so you can go there for the story which I didn't read. The stock markets aren't about investing. It is pure speculation and has been for a long time. Followed a couple of hours by a headline crowing that "the Dow soared 300 points as market perceives Trump's tweet as Syria de-escalation." Still just speculation.

This is a brutal assessment of Paul Ryan's tenure as Speaker from MarketWatch's Rex Nutting.

So far I have dug out about 80% of the big tub in the area I am working and filled 3 five gallon buckets and two 20 inch pots with the removed soil. I have also planted almost all of the first 25 of the strawberries. The last few from that half of the strawberry order will be done later this afternoon and perhaps I will fill another 5 gallon bucket. Tomorrow should be a good day to finish the strawberries and, perhaps start on cleaning out the shed. I will cover them Saturday night through Monday because the weather people predict cold temps (down in the 20s with day time highs only in the high 30s) for that time.

No comments: