Thursday, April 5, 2018

We have sun for the moment. I say for the moment because we are supposed to get clouds and possible snow and/or rain. The conditions seem to resemble late January not early April. Gardening remains an indoor activity.

Found this post almost first off this morning. At one timeic I average about five books a week. I was a history graduate student so much of that was for classes. That didn't include articles and essays. Now I am down to one or two books a week and enjoying the reading a lot more since I am not galloping through them at light speed. And I still keep up with articles and essays.

I am so glad ๐Ÿ˜ the Secretary of Agriculture says the "USDA has complete faith in the safety of gene-edited crops." I am a skeptic. And I think the distinction between gene-edited and genetically modified is very minor.

I do like this story ๐Ÿ˜€. I had read the story earlier where the Dutch healthcare institute advise the government to refuse to cover expensive drugs when the companies making them wouldn't satisfactorily explain how they arrived at their price. Evidently, Europe has its share of "pharma-bros."

No comments: