Sunday, April 8, 2018

Sunny right now and the high should reach the mid 40s--perhaps a bit more. It was cold last night (low in the low 20s) and expecting more of the same tonight. The seedlings are doing well although the malabar spinach, albino bullnose pepper, and mini red belle pepper haven't shown themselves yet.

I found this in my morning feed and, given the paranoid and authoritarian nature of our current regime, I am not surprised. I commented to Mom this morning that, in a very few years, this country will resemble a locked-down grade school. She remarked that she thought it already did.

David Kaiser at History Unfolding continues his comparisons of #45 with Kaiser William II. The basic problem every political system has to face is succession. The president may be limited to a four year term, with a possible second four year term, but a lot can happen in four years. James II of England ruled only about 3 years before he was overthrown in favor of his daughter Mary and her husband William of Orange. Caligula rule about 4 years before he was assassinated.

***************************************************************

Today (Sunday) begins like yesterday. I have nothing new in the plants. The peppers and the malabar spinach are still not emerging. I will have to thin out the tomatoes. I hate that chore because I would like all my plants to survive, thrive and produce. But right now I am considering whether I will be able to give my extras away. I don't know too many around here who are growing anything.

I like this kind of diplomacy. No guns, no bombs, no bombastic threats.

Mother Nature has a way of lying in wait till we think we have things under control and then cackling manically, she hits us in the head with a 2x4. This could be nasty.

No comments: