Monday, April 23, 2018

It is nice and sunny but doesn't feel like the almost 69F the weather channel says it is. But we do have a breeze and I have been working in the shed and on the patio which are still in shadow for the most part. I put the hibiscus outside so it can get some direct sun for a change. I set up the two shepherd's hoods I had left. One has the bird feeder which is a bit heavy and caused it to list to the side a bit. I anchored it with bungie cords so it is now standing upright. It is so nice to hear the wind chimes again after this interminable winter. They are hanging on the opposite hook. The last hook is set up in the corner and I can only use one of the two hooks. I put a wind spinner on it. So far it hasn't needed any extra support. The shed is almost pretty well cleared and swept after accumulating all sorts of junk over the winter. I had collected a whole bunch of large plastic cartons from yogurt and cottage cheese in anticipation of the strawberries. And I had a bunch of coffee cans and gallon vinegar jugs stored. Much as I hate to they all went in the trash. I simply have't the space for all that and, for now, I have all of those items I need for whatever uses I had planned. If I need more I can keep the next ones. I can't see our commercial producers going to something else anytime soon.

I guess self-centered stupidity isn't limited to our own politicos--as Ugo Bardi can attest.

No comments: