Friday, April 13, 2018

Should be another nice day today so I will be back in the gardens. I still have 25 strawberries to plant and a bunch of digging to get done. Strawberries first--then anything else I can get done. Ooops! I have to remember to water the plants upstairs. This warmer weather and warmer temps in the house make them draw up water so much faster.

I read the headline that proclaimed that an extra glass of wine could reduce your life expectancy by 30 minutes. As usual I didn't bother with the article itself. I plan to ignore it just like I ignore most dietary advice I see. At my age I will enjoy my wine, or beer, or butter, or red meat or whatever I damned well like. I like this Dutch public health minister who said he takes such warnings "with a pinch of salt."

No comments: