Friday, April 27, 2018

Wednesday--April 25

Sunny this morning but cool and very windy. Getting some garden work done in little spurts with long rest periods to warm up.

Well, I am done for the day. Got all but two of the pots on the fence filled. Hope the wind dies down and leaves the last ones alone. Yesterday we found two had been blown out of the wire baskets supporting them. Luckily they didn't go far and we were able to retrieve them. Should be able to get more done tomorrow because I won't have any inside work to do. Today I had egg shells to grind and water to filter.

*************************************************************

Thursday--April 26

Outside work planned for today. But they changed the weather forecast and put off the high 60s and 70s for a few days and put in rain for tomorrow. When I am done outside today I will cover everything and plan inside work tomorrow. We had hoped to get out of sweats and into lighter clothing but not for a while yet. The garden shops are open but I think I will hold off getting seedlings for a bit yet.

*************************************************************

Friday--April 27

Another day for some outside work. I filled the last two pots in the baskets on the fence and two of the five gal. buckets. Also checked all of the strawberries and watered them. They are all doing well and one I thought lost seems to be coming back. Our overnight temperatures are still too cold for the hibiscus. I have been thinking about an arrangement of hanging (or semi-hanging) pots so I can expand my growing area. I don't know how my ideas will work but I have hopes.

I had an interesting thought when I read this piece: if (and a big If it is) this pans out and produces a peaceful, denuclearized Korean peninsula #45 and the U.S. are irrelevant in the area. That might just be a very good thing.

As if we needed any more evidence of the clueless cruelty that runs throughout this political administration this proposal from HUD Secretary Ben Carson. Salon provides a more complete picture of the proposals. "Austerity for thee, not for me" seems to be their motto.


No comments: