Wednesday, April 18, 2018

It is a cold Monday and we have had snow. The strawberries have been covered since Saturday afternoon so I don't think they will suffer. At least, I hope not. The temperature is right about 30F. We have another couple of cool cold days (and nights) ahead before things swing back into the 50s and 60s. Until then I am content (sort of) to merely tend the inside plants and think about what I might put in--besides the tomatoes and peppers.

******************************************************************

Tuesday is just as cold as Monday was. We had snow flurries all day yesterday but we should get some sun today.

Interesting Tomdispatch piece today.

*****************************************************************

Goodness, Wednesday already. We had shopping to do yesterday which, as usual, was the limit of what we had the energy for.

Right now the skies are clear but the temperature is about 27F. The weather people predict snow for tonight which I hope won't amount to much. I got glimpses at the strawberries over the last couple of days and so far none are obviously giving up their ghosts. If we get sun tomorrow and a bit more warmth I will uncover them enough to get a good look.

Vogue has a good article that puts the immigrant crisis in a different perspective. I am not an immigrant. Once I loved this country and was proud to be American and, when I was serving in the armed services, I was proud to do so. But my pride has almost died over my adult life, especially the last 30 years. My love is slowly dying as well. The title asks if "the price of the American Dream is too high." I think the "dream" we have been fed since childhood has become a nightmare that most of us don't want to admit. Somewhere along the way the terms have been changed just like some of #45's business partners found out after they delivered the goods.

No comments: