Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Woke to snow--a bare sprinkling--this morning. It shouldn't last long since the temps are supposed to hit a high of mid 40s. But this certainly doesn't feel like April. So all I have done is dig out the cottage cheese containers we saved and started figuring out how to arrange an nice plant tower. Oh, and I put my sewing machine away and cleared a spot for the smaller grow light so I could move it. I needed easier access to the area under the large grow light. I saw one of the Mitoyo eggplants and the perpetual spinach have sprouted. Whatever the weather outside the inside plantings have done well. So far.

We bought some yarn a couple of days ago and I started a twin sized afghan. Mom liked the scrap Catherine's wheel that is my stash buster project but it is already too heavy for her. We found a more open pattern she likes so that is the new project. I figure that, with two embroidery pieces, two afghans, and a large doily, my summer stitching is pretty well planned.

Here is an interesting article about the nine oldest food recipes still in use today--excluding staples like bread.

Interesting post from John Michael Greer. I can think of two recent abstractions that are contrary to my experience and to that of several people I know: the so-called economic recovery and the "absence" of inflation. The economic "experts" loudly claim both. I ignore the experts and pay attention to my "anecdotes."

For the "Out of Sight/Out of Mind" file: the seafloor extending from the Mississippi Delta is eroding. That is an extension of the erosion of the land itself. The conclusion of a study of multiple sources of data from the last 200+ years is "The Mississippi delta has entered a stage of decline."

I don't know this site but from what I have read on military procurement from other sites I know better, the story is all too believable. More details here, here, and here.

No comments: