Monday, May 14, 2018

I don't know how much commenting I will do today. I am feeling the after effects of having eaten way too much at the birthday/Mothers' Day cookout my nephew had yesterday. It was especially nice because the Christmas and Easter events were cancelled due to illness--ours first then theirs. Good company and good food--an unbeatable combination.

It is raining heavily at the moment with small hail, thunder, and lightening. The street out front is a river. Also very heavy winds.

The rain passed between 8 and 8:30 so we went out to get groceries and look at plants at a local garden shop. Employees at the latter were busy getting plants repositioned because the wind had blown them over. Leaves and flowers littered the sidewalks. We looked on and were grateful for the nice, high fence around our little patio. It looks like nothing happened beyond some rain. Even the flowers in the pots on the fence were unruffled. We picked up some new double begonias which were on sale at 4 for $10. Almost half price. We also found the red impatiens Mom likes to have by our back door along with chives, spearmint, and a couple of other herbs. I am changing the gardens so much I think I will forego the eggplant and cucumbers this year. I want to take some time this year to see how the new configuration will work.

No comments: