Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Just looked over the plants I put in yesterday and they are doing nicely. I may get some chores done--and then again I might not. We have errands planned today that will take me away from the gardens for a while.

Well, #45 did it--pulled the U.S. out of the Iran Nuclear agreement. I find it absolutely fascinating how little has been said on our lamestream media (as the right wingers like to call it) has had to say about the move. All I have seen is the announcement and a note that an American flag was burned in the Iranian parliament. France24 has some of the info I wanted: the allies are not in our corner on this. I often questioned how effective sanctions really were in bringing Iran to the bargaining table when we had pretty solid support from most of the economic heavy hitters behind us. Right now I wouldn't bet that any of the signatories of the agreement will back us. Sanctions won't be worth a bucket of warm piss spit. The BBC also has details. Of course, Bolton provided an additional threat that European companies had to cease dealing with Iran within 6 months or face sanctions themselves. What if those companies simply decide take their U.S. business elsewhere?

No comments: