Friday, May 25, 2018

Tuesday--May 22

Haven't had much to say lately. The weather hasn't been particularly nice--cold and wet for the most part. The gardens are going along nicely but nothing new to plant yet. I am going more slowly than I have in the past. The weather is more capricious and I am changing what I plant--more herbs and flowers, fewer veggies. I want to see what varieties are locally available and do some research on what I might start next year.

Wednesday--May 23

Thursday--May 24

Friday--May 25

We have had a couple of busy days with errands, grocery shopping, and checking out the new Meijer store. We like to know where we can find the items we want and, just in case, alternatives to our usual shopping destinations. We are impressed by the new store. I think it will provide a good competitor for Walmart.

I have also been struggling with a wrenched knee which has made walking painful and sapped my energy. I did get out briefly to deadhead the ranunculus. I hope to do the same for the geraniums and spread a bit of fertilizer. Need to check on whether anything needs watering. We aren't expecting any rain for the next several days.

A couple of days ago I did get the dehydrator cleaned out and washed up. Last year was such a depressing year I just ran out of gas and didn't do a lot of my finishing work in the gardens. This year I have been more up-beat.

Nimue Brown has a post that reflects some of my own thoughts on the stories we tell, read or see. We need to tell the stories that show the changes we would like to see in our lives or our society.

No comments: