Monday, May 28, 2018

I got the watering done early and moving those plants that I had hanging off the fence baskets on the outside of the fence to inside the fence where they are easily reachable made things easier. The temperature is 80* now and will easily reach the mid 90s this afternoon. We go errands done today and were wilting before we finished. Most plants seem to be tolerating the conditions well though I did lose the little pepper and one of the two remaining cuttings from the hibiscus. The other cutting is doing very nicely. They say this heat should break on Wednesday and we should have rain. We'll see.

I noticed sweet basil, German thyme, and peppermint that look ready for a first cutting. I am also thinking of doing a trim and shaping on the old rosemary. That may wait for a bit cooler weather and days when we don't have any errands to take us out of the house.

No comments: