Saturday, May 19, 2018

I have nothing that needs doing in the gardens today other than taking a walk through and looking  at everything. It is cool this morning and the weather reports predict rain today and tomorrow. We'll see. The weather reports we get depend on what model the meteorologists use for their predictions. Mom looks at one service, I look at another, and the TV news weather people look at a couple of more. Who really knows?

Have you noticed that moderate (whatever that term means) to vigorous exercise it recommended for almost every ailment? Well, I found this article which says something different. I absolutely hate exercise for exercise sake and, sorry, the notion that it is really for my health's sake doesn't convince. Exercise involves time I would rather use for something enjoyable given over to boring motions that I would rather not do. My gentle exercise, which is still recommended, involves gardening and moving around the house doing the tasks that my life requires.

The sun is trying to make its appearance. It might actually get warm if it stays out long enough. I took a walk through the gardens on the inside of the fence since the rain had mostly ended. Everything is doing well. Otherwise I am lazy today. I got some work done on a crocheted blanket for my bed. I actually started it yesterday but realized it was too narrow to fit and took that out this morning. I am now back to where I was on it.

Dumb has just become Dumber. I don't believe the number of entrances/exits in the schools (or other buildings) have a damned thing to do with school or other shootings. I don't believe the number of guns in society have a damned thing to dow with them either. Suggestions based on either notion are simply bandaids that allow them to pretend to be really examining and dealing with the underlying problems.

No comments: