Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Happy May Day!! It is finally feeling like spring going into summer. Tee shirt weather today. Yippee!!

Got two more buckets filled yesterday. Hope to get one of the large tubs completely empty and in the trash. I will move the hibiscus and large rosemary outside for the season--unless we get weather conditions I won't name. We are still 15 days away from the last average freeze date for this area. I have seedlings to put in the little greenhouse to harden off and a bunch of strawberries in their modified pots to hang. The hose is all hooked up and I used it yesterday to water all of the strawberries which are looking better and better each day.

Have already arranged spaces and hung up 15 pots of strawberries. And had a wonderful surprise: the clematis survived the winter and is putting up some small shoots. I placed it inside a wall 'o' water that had sprung a leak and packed the space between with leaves. Evidently it worked. It is such a good feeling when something works. I moved the hibiscus outside which has pissed off one of the cats (she likes to munch). The temperatures should be more to its liking from now till late next fall. I put the older rosemary out in one of the fence hangers with a bungee cord anchoring it against the wind.


No comments: