Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Well, it is nice but getting warm. I haven't done anything in the gardens so far and, probably, won't do much for the rest of the day. We did visit two of the garden shops and I picked up some plants: sage, oregano, spearmint, peppermint, sweet basil, purple basil, thyme, lemon thyme, red and white geraniums and red and yellow ranunculus. That is a good start. I will add to those as the season progresses. But all the walking tired me out so no digging today. I might trim the hibiscus and get it into the position I planned for it.

A bit of sticker shock today: gas at $2.95/gal. Ouch!! that is about $0.30 higher than it was on Monday. The news readers are saying it will go higher and, for the first time in a long while, are giving hints on when to fill up to minimize the pain.

No comments: