Saturday, June 23, 2018

Friday June 22

More rain falling now and more expected all day. It has gone beyond the "We need it" to "Please stop already." I won't be doing anything outside but the weather forecast says the weekend will be dry. I see herbs that need to be harvested.

Saturday June 23

We are in the middle of a major reorganization here so our efforts are geared totally to the process of sorting things into what we are going to discard (one way or another) and rearranging what we are going to keep. We have gone through several phases of this since we moved here almost 20 years ago. It was a necessary process because Mom moved here from a very overstuffed one bedroom apartment (as in claustrophobically overstuffed) and I had what I culled from a two-bedroom with enclosed porch house. Since then our lives have changed in significant ways. I am now also retired. We cook from scratch. I have donated almost all of my rather large library to the local library. I had materials for a dissertation I never finished and those are all gone. We had the leftovers from three computer systems for each of us and those are now (or will be shortly) gone.

The gardens are doing nicely with the recent rain and cooler weather. I hope to get back to harvesting herbs tomorrow.

A concentration camp by another name.  By my count these prisons will take in about 170k people. Who else besides immigrants will the powers that be put in there? And we've been here before. Anyone remember Manzanar?


No comments: