Wednesday, June 13, 2018

I hope we dry out today. The temps are supposed to hit the mid 80s but the humidity is oppressive. I have some plants to put in the gardens and a couple of other jobs to do outside. The peppermint needs a cut and the first cutting of the lavender is due.

Fox News has been a booster for #45 from the beginning and it is interesting to see them criticize him now. That has happened on a more frequent basis over the last few months. The commentator is right: the Great (sarcasm!!) negotiator got what he want--lovely photo ops to spin a nothing story. But then I have to wonder if that shouldn't be counted as a win. What do the S. Koreans think? This piece suggest that many are more charitable hoping that the long Korean Warm might be on its way to a conclusion one small step at a time. I few weeks ago I read an article which floated the notion that all of the bluster with #45 took the spotlight allowing the two Koreas to act in the shadows in their own interests without Washington micromanaging. That conclusion may be right.

Well, the containers for the hibiscus and the clematis have been moved along with several 5 gal buckets to make it easier to get to the back rows. Harvested peppermint, spearmint, lavender, garden sage and pineapple sage.  Those are drying now. Have I mentioned how much I love the smell drying herbs produce in the house? Put the begonias, zinnias, and lemon verbena. I still have a few open spaces so I will put in a couple of catnip plants as a treat for the little monsters. I still haven't found the chamomile I want. I may have to wait to next year and try growing it from seed. I also pruned the hibiscus. It has been a good day in the gardens after the last week of dismal, rainy weather.

No comments: