Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Sunday June 17

It is hot outside--88 already at just after 10 am. I got the watering done very early but no other gardening. If the heat subsides by Wednesday I plan to harvest some of the herbs. Hopefully I will have some transplants to put in. Depends on what I find between now and then.

Monday June 18

It should be hot again today--in the mid 90s like yesterday. So same schedule--water early and then stay inside.

This story is from the Guardian but it could have been written for many towns on this side of the Atlantic.

Tuesday June 19

We should get a break from the heat today but lower temps come with strong possibility of thunderstorms. On a whim we decided to split our errands and delivered the donations we packed for the local library just before we did the grocery shopping. By the time we got back we were exhausted. The heat hit like a giant hand slapping your entire body every time you stepped outside.

I thinks the plants will like a rest from the heat but my large rosemary is having trouble. I think the combination of high heat and wind has dried it out more than I thought. I soaked it well just a few moments ago. I hope that will revive it. Several other plants are looking a bit frazzled. I watered everything because the rain we had hoped for didn't materialize. I hope to get more done tomorrow when the temperatures will be in the 70s (I hope!!) Right now I am a bit wilted myself from the watering.

No comments: