Monday, June 11, 2018

It is wet outside. I think it may still be raining lightly. Later, if things dry off a bit, I will take a walk through the gardens and see how things are doing. Although I didn't do any gardening yesterday I made some progress elsewhere. I have another large shopping bag of books to go to the library tomorrow. I don't want to do more of than two bags a week because they are simply too heavy. Some books I definitely will hold onto. Everything to do with crafts, even crafts like stained glass that I know I won't pursue, I will keep. Some of those are nearly irreplaceable. I am keeping all my books on cooking/preserving and a few other instructional books. After that most, unless of a sentimental value, will go.

I also finished the embroidery on a dresser scarf and put another several rows into my new bedspread/afghan. I will look at my stock of crochet thread to see what I have to make the lace edging on the scarf.

Let's see if I find anything worth commenting on today. So much of what I read--especially in the (s)news--isn't worth the effort. Each new headline seems to contradict an earlier one.

Oh, well--not much.

No comments: