Wednesday, June 6, 2018

In spite of all the noise (a.k.a. thunder) we got little or no rain. The wind was, again, brisk. I will water everything this morning and put the new plants in place.

I have finished in the gardens for the day. I decided to deconstruct the hanging arrangement I started with. It has been only somewhat successful. Some of the plants dried out too fast while others didn't drain fast enough and drowned. I set the arrangement up because I had 50+ strawberry plants to find homes for and suddenly didn't have the space in the containers because two of the large one split and two other were fragile. We thought it better to take all four out together and replace them with 5 gal buckets. In the mean time, I simply had to find a place for the strawberries.

Now the buckets are in place and I am getting them slowly planted. I took the two green sage and put them together with the pineapple sage in one of the buckets. I added viable strawberry plants in front of the larger lavender plants. Those are in their own pots sunk off center in 5 gal buckets so the strawberries should not be crowded out by the lavender (or vice versa). I transplanted the three thyme plants (German, common, and lemon) into one large pot. And the second spearmint is happily in another. That and watering finished me for the day.

No comments: