Saturday, June 16, 2018

I has been raining this morning which, I hope, will provide enough moisture that I won't have to water the gardens. Unfortunately, it will be too wet to do any work outside.

Found this interesting little piece by David Kaiser at History Unfolding. Where will the modern "aristocrats" lead us? To a new feudalism, perhaps?

I would say "ouch" except that I don't have fond memories of the University of Missouri. I was never entirely comfortable there and never finished the degree I was working toward. Every once in a while I hear similar stories elsewhere. Note the little mention that enrollments have "cratered." I hope that means a lot of people are re-thinking the notion that a college education is worth the price. It isn't and anyone who says otherwise is cherry picking the data to make their case.

I am not a great believer in IQ scores as a measure of much of anything  but this is interesting.

No comments: