Saturday, June 9, 2018

The sky looks like it wants to dump on us but has held off for the moment. I just finished cutting the purple basil, lemon balm and spearmint which is now drying. I hope to get the new tomato in along with the dahlia. I pruned a few fronds off the Vernissage tomato so it doesn't interfere with nearby plants.

Everything is done for the day. If we have a dry period tomorrow I will harvest some of the lavender and try to transplant some of the surviving strawberries. I told Mom I will plant some of the yardlong beans and we will eat them fresh and well seasoned. She hasn't liked any of the green beans I have tried growing and hated the commercial beans. She says they simply don't taste like the green beans she remembers growing up. I asked her how many of those beans had been cooked without some kind of seasoning. She had to think a minute and then said they were never cooked "naked." I am looking up recipes for marinating and otherwise seasoning what ever I get.

No comments: