Thursday, June 28, 2018

Thursday June 28

We will spend most of today taking books to the library (donations), taking stuff to Goodwill (donations), and getting some more book boxes. We got quite a lot done in what I now call the "What Not" room. It started out as a library/office then became an office/sewing-craft room and is now a storage/plant starting-overwintering room. Getting that space organized has been a real jigsaw puzzle trying to fit everything we want to keep into the available spaces. Another conundrum awaiting creative solutions is how to do what we did before but without the convenient places to put things. We kept a large ottoman with storage space inside where I store my crochet work when I am not working on it. I used to simply reach over lift the top and pull out or put in what ever. I can't do that now (it is too far away) and getting up to go over and pull out a different skein of yearn, especially on a piece that requires frequent color changes will be inconvenient. I have various baskets and I can use one to keep several skeins I am working with while I am working. The yarn and WIP (work in progress) can go back into the ottoman when I am done and I can find a convenient place for the basket in between.

And here is a good expression of feelings I have had--often over the past year and on a few occasions over my life. Those usually precede a drastic change of direction though not necessarily a change of location.

No comments: