Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Tuesday--

Another good Clusterfuck Nation post from James Kunstler.

This is one of those stories that makes you laugh and then should make you mad as hell. We are paying those idiots for that crap!!

Wednesday--

I just pulled off a couple of pots I had covering two of the 5 gallon buckets in the gardens. I may not bother next year because everything has thawed and drained nicely. I was surprised to see the only strawberry in a pot from last year--the one I was too lazy to take out-- is coming back. I will see how well it does. I might put strawberries in pots in the fall to keep outside over winter. The key seems to be good drainage and small pots on racks might be a good way to go. I also saw a small plant poking itself up in the bucket I had the bee balm in last year--I think. I will see how it grown before deciding for sure what it is. The lemon verbena cuttings are doing well so far--still crisp and green with no sign of fading. I plan to take cuttings of my rosemary plants to root in water. Some sites on line say rosemary does that easily. I will find out.

I like Infidel753's post today. I am no Republican so I haven't been enthusiastic about any of those candidates. To be honest I am not much of a Democrat either so you can say that my enthusiasm for this election is way far down the drain. I did think Rubio one of the least repulsive among a field of repulsive personalities. But not "least repulsive enough" to earn my vote.

No comments: