Thursday, June 6, 2013

Good Thursday to you all.  Looks dismal outside with gray skies.  The temperature is around 60F and likely to remain cool.  It may rain.  I emphasize that because we actually have seen little rain over the last week or so.  I have to watch my containers closely because sometimes the rain we get is too little for the plants.

Does this surprise anyone?  It doesn't even surprise me that the story broke over here only after the Guardian (in the U.K.) ran it first.  Without the Brits the U.S. media would probably have ignored it.  After all, they get more traction out of the suicide attempt by Paris Jackson.  In fact that story, in the morning news, had more minutes of coverage than the secret court order authorizing the government to gather, wholesale, information on the phone calls of Americans.  That emphasis was reversed on the BBC--which is why we are watching that and not Good Morning America (or any other such program.)

I am not terribly surprised by this article either.  But I would add that not only are we rather evenly divided in opinion we are also very intolerant of the other side.

No comments: