Saturday, September 14, 2013

Very cool Saturday. Seasons changing. Tomatoes.

Woke to temperatures in the mid 40s.  As I said yesterday the seasons are changing.  It was evident on our drive to Mom's eye doctor.  A lot of early color.  We should get some rain tonight and tomorrow.  I hope so.  Unlike Colorado we have had too little.  Although I think they also were somewhat dry before this last week and then the deluge hit.  I have a few tomatoes ripe enough to pick and I have four green ones Mom is going to fry today for dinner with our chicken.  I took them because the branch they were on broke.  I need to start taking our some of the plants and getting the gardens ready for winter.  I look at them and, so far, think "not yet."  The hummingbirds are still here and I have to make up more nectar for them.  They are hitting the feeder hard.  The seed eaters are hitting their feeder hard also.  I filled it last Thursday so it is all right for a while.

We have some errands to do today.  Mom has a prescription for new glasses--the first in three or four years.  And she want's to get her hair cut so that means a trip to Wal-Mart and Target.

This is an interesting little bit of legal hair-splitting.  You can refuse to reveal the combination to that wall safe that has ledgers that would reveal all your illegal dealings because the combination is something you know and therefore your refusal is covered under the 5th Amendment.  However, if your safe has a key they can compel you to turn over the key because it is a thing you have not a thing you know and it isn't protected.  Why is that important?  Because the biometric locks on the new iPhones fall under that second scenario and can be compelled.

No comments: