Sunday, September 22, 2013

Welcome to Fall. Strawberries. Basil. Hummingbirds. Goldfinches.

Very coo this morning--only 50F.  I plan to fix oatmeal for breakfast.  Time for something hot in the morning.  It should be dry so I plant to get out in the gardens.  My poor tattered and bedraggled basils will be pulled and I will put three--maybe four--pots of strawberries in their place for the winter.  Then I will see what else should get done.  The weather people noted freeze warnings across the northern half of Wisconsin and Michigan so it won't be long here either.  I have noticed that the bright male goldfinches are becoming duller and maybe going into their dull winter colors.  The hummingbirds aren't visiting as frequently.  I wonder if they are continuing on their migrations.

I have said before that the longer a supply chain the less you can know about the product.  This story illustrates the point.  And China, again, is at the center of the problem.  Aided and abetted by the Germans.

I think this is a good response to the sanctimonious idiots in our national legislatures who insist on cloaking their hardheartedness in scripture.  I can't improve on God.

This is a pretty good assessment of the dishonesty of modern American journalism.  And it is one of the reasons why I watch more BBC and Al Jazeera.  Also why I prefer to read my news on-line.

No comments: