Saturday, August 30, 2014

Saturday.

Just waking up on what looks to be a warm day punctuated by thunderstorms--continuing what we had yesterday.  The patio looked wet but it is still too dark to see much.  So I probably won't get much done in the gardens.

Let's see what I find on the 'net.  The volume is usually much lighter on the weekends.

Considering the epic drought afflicting California, this measure is overdue.  Hopefully it is a case of better late than never.  I have read accounts in Texas and Colorado where the industry claims that they don't use all that much water as a percentage of the total.  However, the figures are their own and no one has any way of checking their accuracy.

We have been more than a little fed up with the media obsession with Obama's tan suit.  Evidently karoli at Crooks & Liars is too.  We suspect, and have for sometime, that they latch onto something trivial and run it to death because they don't want to discuss real news.

Exchange at the grocery check-out:  Bagger "Paper or Plastic."  Me, "Canvas." Which results in a confused look until I hand her my bag.  Cashier, "How many do you have?"  Me, "Several, but I will be using only one."  The store gives a nickel credit on the order for each of your bags you use.  I guess the first half of that conversation might be meaningless in California if the legislature succeeds in banning plastic bags.  We still do accumulate plastic bags but not as many.  I keep them to use for produce at the farm market and for other things.  Every now and then I cut a bunch into strips to crochet or braid into baskets.

No comments: