Saturday, August 3, 2013

Still wet Saturday. Grand theft. Insanity.

Still wet and cloudy though they say the skies are clearing just west of us.  If it dries out I hope to get a bit of gardening done.  We'll see.  In the interim let's see what is on the 'net.

This story takes the notion of theft on a grand scale to a new high, or low depending on your perspective.  I have seen several stories of similar thefts from Russia and eastern Europe.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result.  I would amend that slightly: doing the same thing over and over knowing the result will be the same.  Our Repthuglican legislators all exhibit signs of obsessive-compulsive disorder.  They are compelled to repeat the same non-productive actions over and over and over..... .

It seems that Big Brother can't be bothered to be accurate about the information it gathers.

The clouds have gone and it is sunny--getting warm.  I cut back the tansy.  It had reached about six feet  above the container it is in.  I am going to have to devise a more sturdy cage for it.  The branches were bending over the cage I have and getting entwined with the purple cayenne on the right and the tomato on the left.  It wasn't very spectacular and the individual buds aren't now but the mass of yellow balls on the top are colorful.  I was sorry to have to cut them.  I also got the sulfur and fertilizer applied on the blueberry.  We got a nice handful of berries for our breakfast a couple of days ago

I have written frequently on this blog that certain functions of government should never be run by for profit corporations.  This gives only a few examples of how badly taxpayers get screwed in such arrangements.

No comments: